Whatever gate you own, whether it is automatic or manual, it will need repairs after some time down the road.
An automatic gate gives the owners a sense of security and a little more convenience in their everyday lives.
What could go wrong with your gate?
There are a variety of things that can go wrong with your gate. Listed below are a few things that could happen.
- There is a small gap when the gate closes. i.e., the gate doesn’t close properly.
- The gates are not properly aligned with each other.
- There is a lot of resistance while opening or closing the gate.
- The gate opens and closes on its own.
- The gate opens/closes with way too many sounds.
- There could be a huge dent in case of an accident.
- The gate could become worn with usage and have multiple dents and scratches.
Some of these issues will require immediate attention. For example, where the gate opens and closes on its own, other issues, like the gate opening slowly allow you time to look for the right individual and make an informed decision.
What are the causes behind driveway gate failure?
Improper usage: Misusing the gate in any way can cause stress on the machine and sensors leading to damage.
Electrical Failure: With automatic gates, there are loads of things that can fail. Such as the wiring or the sensor bars.
Weather conditions/ rare events: Unforeseen incidents like car accidents or a tree falling on your door and even high-speed winds can damage your door.
How to choose the right person for your gate
1. Research and ask for recommendations
To ensure that whatever work you get done is to the point, do your research!
2. Observe the technician
Notice the type of questions the technician asks and the level of confidence he exhibits.
3. Check for guarantees
Good companies will not hesitate in giving out guarantees for their work. If your technician is not willing to guarantee anything, then this is a red flag.
4. Ensure that the technician doesn’t demand an unreasonable amount of time
Driveway gates need to be repaired quickly; you shouldn’t have to wait for weeks to get your gate repaired.
For automatic gates, Things do get a little technical, and gates installed by experts tend to show little to no problems. However, not all of us are lucky enough to get an expert, and this can cause faulty installation and might even result in damage.
Therefore, it is important to get the right technician for the job and the right repair service. Consider employing the services of Bay Area Lions Gate. We at Bay Area are skilled at what we do and pride ourselves on timely delivery. Check us out online!